R&D Credits available for architecture, engineering, and contracting companies.
Posted by Jeffrey M. Feingold on 01.22.12
R&D tax credits are often available to companies in the design and construction industries.
Typical qualifying activities for R&D credits for contracting, engineering or architecture industrie include:
- Design for LEED/Green Initiatives
- LEED certification
- Improving acoustical qualities of structure
- Developing alternative water flow / plumbing systems
- Developing alternative electricity conduction systems
- Developing or improving lighting within a structure
- Improving or developing alternative ventilation for a structure Improving or determining alternative heating and cooling systems
- Determining alternative structural design
- Designing building shape and form
- Building Information Modeling
- HVAC design
- Mechanical system design and testing
- Structure and facility design for constructability
- Value engineering
Contact Tax Point Advisors, Inc. for more details.